It’s important to understand what triggers overeating for you. Once you understand what the trigger foods, emotions or situations may be, you will have the upper hand. That way you can plan accordingly when faced with those situations.
You must become conscious of when and why overeating happens and what causes it. When you have the ability to recognize this you have the power to control it.
Overeating may happen for a host of reasons, one may be based on emotions. I’ve heard of people bingeing because they were upset at the scale or because they had a stressful day. But if you stop and recognize that food is not going to make you feel better in the end, you will not be able to rationalize overeating, thus giving you headway on your battle with binging.
You must break the grip of triggers!! Figure out what foods and what situations trigger you, then don’t put yourself in those situations and/ or refuse what you know you can’t control. So for example, I know I could never have 1 or 2 handfuls of movie theatre popcorn so I don’t even buy it. or if my date buys it, I just flat out say no to having any. Try these helpful steps to break the grip of your triggers:
- Create an alternate plan. For example, excuse yourself to the restroom when you know the birthday cake is about to come out.
- Recall what will happen if you give in. You will most likely feel upset with yourself and regret your actions if you give in.
- Distract yourself. If you are at a Mexican restaurant and chips and salsa are on the table, engage in a highly interesting conversation with another fit-minded friend.
- Practice active resistance. Get mad at the food industry! They’re the ones trying to push this unhealthy crap on you anyway.
- Limit your exposure. For example, if you know walking by a certain pizza joint is going to be tough, take another route to avoid it.
- Stop the thoughts immediately when they begin. Do not bargain with yourself, do not raise curiosity, do not consider eating the food. Just recognize that it is off limits and move on.
- Talk down the urge with positive reinforcement, for example, think yourself, “I’ll weigh less if I don’t eat these cookies.”
- Incorporate exercise to feel better.. the two go hand in hand!!
The Get In Shape Girl
Have you gotten your FREE copy of The Get In Shape Girl’s Ebook on How To Get A Better BOOTY?
Download NOW at www.thegetinshapebooty.com
Tags: bikini model diet, cooking with a fitness model, Get A Better Booty, how to stop binge eating, how to stop overeating, how to stop sugar addiction, sugar addiction, the get in shape girl, virtual trainer, virtual training, why do i binge eat