Every Monday I like to blog about the previous week. Honestly, I’ve been working so hard on the new Get in Shape Girl website and Comfort Foods and Tailgate Treats cookbook, that I have not really had much of a life.
Sure I’ve been out to dinner but you have read plenty of blogs from me talking about eating sushi grade tuna and staying away from booze. So I’m just going to talk about current crushes that I have right now. What do I mean by crushes? Just things that I’m loving right now.
1. Crossfit. I love deadlifting and squatting and throwing heavy weight over my head. I love having to stop to let my heart rate come down because I simply cannot go on without vomiting. I just love the challenge.
2. My traps. Yes, I love my traps. They are growing and I’m psyched!!! Strength training will not make you bulk. Crossfit will not make you bulk. But when you start a new routine your body will change, and I’m LOVING the changes I am seeing.
3. Cherries. Eating cherries and spitting out the pits reminds me of when I was a little girl and my Granddaddy and I would pick cherries from the trees in his back yard and eat them. We are in the midst of cherry season right now and I’m throwing them in every post workout smoothie possible like this one.
4. My foam roller. I finally got one for my house and I use it a few times a day now. Foam rollers help break up any knots in muscles and help you recover between your workouts. I purchased one on Amazon.com for about $15.
5. The heat and humidity. This is my absolute favorite weather. I’ve been sitting outside at night by the pool just to get in as much time as I can outside. It reminds me of growing up in North Carolina. My friends and I would play basketball and ride bikes until 9 o’ clock every single night during the summer and this weather just takes me back there.
6. Fat. I’ve been eating a ton of pine nuts, whole eggs, avocado, peanut butter and olive oil and they have not only been keeping me really full, but they’ve also been helping me not even have any sugar cravings at all. Read more on how fat can make you fit here. Honestly, if you are a person who craves sugar like crazy, my first piece of advice would be to add 1 – 2 more servings of fat to your meal plan to help you stop craving sugar.
7. Stringer Bell. I wake up every day more obsessed with my pup than I was the day before. I have no idea how much more obsessed I can possibly be, but it continues to consume me.
8. The Secret. Yes, years after the book was being read by everyone from Queen Elizabeth to Paris Hilton I am finally reading it. I feel so empowered to do exactly what I want with my life.
8. Instagram. I love seeing what others post on there and creating a whole new community of fit minded friends. You should follow me there.. I post all different stuff there from on facebook! Search for The Get in Shape Girl.
9. Ryan Lochte. No explanation necessary.
What are some of the things you are crushing on right now?
The Get in Shape Girl
Do you have a copy of the Bikini Cookbook yet?
Tags: bikini body, bikini cookbook, cherry season, crossfit and bulking, fit minded, foam roller, get in shape, kyra, post workout smoothie, recover between workouts, stop craving sugar, sugar cravings, the get in shape girl, thegetinshapegirl, will crossfit make you bulk, will strength training make me bulk